We loved this so much, we plan to keep the traditional alive by hosting a Chili Cook Off every winter. Who wil be the winner next year? Roy? Lexi? Paige? Amaanda? Or maybe even Perry?
Below you will find the winning recipe to try at home!
Homemade Chili (Easy)
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 small onion
- seasoning mix (1.25 oz)1 pkg. mild chili
- 1 can diced chili ready tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 40 oz can or two smaller ones)1 large can Brooks mild chili beans in chili sauce (One
- 1 large can V-8 juice or Vegetable juice (46 oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium size dutch oven, turn to medium/high heat and brown hamburgar and onion together till hamburgar is no longer pink and onion is translucent.
- Drain any oil and/or grease
- Bring back to heat, add chili seasoning, and stir
- Add in tomatoes, chili beans, and V-8 or vegetable juice
- Start adding salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together
- Leave on simmer till hot
- Finally, enjoy!
Go home, try to make the famous chili recipe yourself! We don't call it Delicious Living for nothing!